.

.

Saturday 26 April 2014

POMO Mix Tape

The Theme for my Mix Tape is football and the songs that I listen to on a match day either out of choice, or because they are played over the tannoy systems at grounds.


Side A



Mr Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra - A song that my Dad introduced me to an away game Vs Watford, I replayed it over and over..
Starman - David Bowie - A track I listened to after Leicester's shock FA Cup win at Norwich, I kept changing the lyrics to 'There's a starman, his name is David Nugent'. Much to my Dad's annoyance
Glad All Over - The Dave Clark Five - Played at Palace every game and in our car to most games
Tom Hark - The Piranhas - A famous goal celebration music up and down the country
L.S.F (Lost Souls Forever) - Kasabian - Used to be played at Leicster pre-match, also featured on aFIFA sountrack
Cigarettes & Alcohol - Oasis - Frequently played at away grounds, most memorably at Bolton away the night we won the league
Kernkraft 400 (Original Radio Edit) - Zombie Nation - By no means my favourite song, but  the tune to the Ryiad Mahrez chant
The Road Goes On Forever - High Contrast - A tune that featured on Match of the Days' goal of the month segment  a few years back
We are the Champions - Queen - Not played very often, but brings back memories of 2009 and last weekend



Side B


Beautiful Day - U2 - Frequently played at away grounds and in our car to most games, also used to be on the intro to Premiership highlights on ITV, in the early nougties
Club Foot  - Kasabian - Played before all home games
Waterfall - The Stone Roses - A song I listen to (as well as the album) on most trips to football
Last Forever - Fenech-Soler - A song that features on this years Match of the Day when introducing the schedule, it grabbed my attention
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People - Again featured on Match of the Day 2/3 years ago, introduced me to Foster the People
Hey Jude - The Beatles - Somewhat of an anthem at Leicester City
I Found Out - The Pigeon Detectives - No real connection to football, nonetheless a track I listen to on most matchdays
Be Somebody - The Enemy - featured on ITV's coverage of the FA Cup, leading to my own interest in the track
Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis - Used to be played after each goal at Leicester and is played at Nottingham Forest every season before kick off, which brings some big memories flooding back









No comments:

Post a Comment